Google has rolled out it’s October android security patch. These are the updates of patch for OS level security bug for every android devices. But this security patch updates has also many bug fixes for Pixel device running Android 11.
For example if we take the example of Google Pixel 4a. When it got the August security update, then users reported about lagging and auto brightness adjustment with LED’s and bulbs.
While using a cover for their smartphone screens, some users also getting poor experiences about the Google Pixel smartphone. After the October security patch update they are getting these issues and others.
Google Pixel Devices
In Google’s monthly security update it addresses many security flaws. Six issues are more critical which are related to Qualcomm Components. Google has patched up enough minor gripes that you’ll want to install the update if you use one of the supported Pixel handsets. And these security patch applies on 2, 3, 3a, 4, and 4a models.
Here is the list of October 2020 security bugs:
- Auto-brightness improvements to response in certain lighting conditions (Pixel 4a).
- Touch sensitivity improvements with screen protectors (Pixel 4a).
- Auto-rotation improvement in certain device orientations (Pixel 3, 3a, 4, and 4a devices).
- Some devices stuck fixed during boot (Pixel 2, 3, 3a, 4, and 4a devices).
- Prevent inadvertently disabling call notifications fixed (Pixel 2, 3, 3a, 4, and 4a devices).
- Missing auto-rotate icon in certain device orientations fixed (Pixel 2, 3, 3a, 4, and 4a devices).
- Undetected overview swipe gesture in launcher fixed (Pixel 2, Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a devices).
All the pixel devices running over Android 11 will get this update. But the timing can be defer for the devices. These are the normal monthly security updates which can be easily updated. You can also check it in your device.
- Go to your Smartphone setting
- Now open up the about phone section
- Check the latest security patch update, It might be of October 5th 2020
If the date is exact with the update then you have it but if your Google Pixel device does not have the security update you can simply check it. In your about phone section check for the latest updates.